[ic] Upgraded to mysql 4.1.20 and now errors ?

Jim Toro jimtoro at LIWebTech.com
Sat Jun 17 10:15:12 EDT 2006

We have been running IC 5.4.0 and Mysql 4.0.2x for a long time and today
we had to upgrade to mysql 4.1.20, we did the compile and install along
with the latest DBI and DBD, everything seems to come up ok but when
starting interchange we get these errrors:
-------------------

table 'merchandising' failed: table merchandising connect failed -- DBI
connect('mydatashop:localhost:3306','mydatashop',...) failed: Access
denied
for user 'mydatashop'@'localhost' (using password: YES) at
/usr/local/interchange/lib/Vend/Table/DBI.pm line 581

table 'options' failed: table options connect failed -- Access denied for
user
'mydatashop'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

table 'area' failed: table area connect failed -- Access denied for user
'mydatashop'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

table 'state' failed: table state connect failed -- Access denied for user
'mydatashop'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

table 'cat' failed: table cat connect failed -- Access denied for user
''mydatashop'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

table 'transactions' failed: table transactions connect failed -- Access
denied
for user 'mydatashop'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

(etc... for all tables in the database...)

mydatashop config error: products not a database, cannot use as products
file

--------
Interchange does come up but of course we cannot do anything with the
database at this point.

I put the "old-passwords" setting in the my.cnf in the [mysqld] section
too. Did full reboots, etc..

What am I missing ???? Does something else have to be done to the database
when going from mysql 4.0 to 4.1 or is it a IC or Perl issue ?

Thanks !!!!!