[ic] Custom shipping help

Kevin Walsh kevin at cursor.biz
Sun Jun 18 07:48:11 EDT 2006

David Bordas <bordas at testadaz.com> wrote:
> For the moment, i've got something special.
> I've forgot to say i'm using IC 5.2.0, so shipping.asc seems to have a
> very different look.
> It's a TAB delimited files, perhaps on old format ?
>
> So i can use copy / paste your code to shipping.asc, but i should never
> try to modify shipping with Admin UI or shipping.asc will be modified
> and shipping process will stop working.
>
> I think i'll a find a way to make the same thing with the old format...

I find it easier to use the "new" format, and edit to the shipping.asc
file with a text editor, such as vi.  I don't use the admin UI for
shipping.  The shipping rules don't tend to change that often anyway
(only the prices).  You can define and use variables for the prices,
such as __NORMAL_SHIP_COST__, or whatever.

I haven't looked at your modified shipping rules properly.  It's
usually best to experiment with them on a test setup, as you don't
know whether they'll work the way you want until you try them out.
The rules I posted were really to just give you a starting point.

Your cascade from "free_or_normal" to "normal" seems redundant but,
as I said, I haven't looked at it properly.

 _/ _/    _/          _/ _/     _/    _/  _/_/    kevin at cursor.biz