[ic] Setting multiple scratch in one tag

Jon Jensen jon at endpoint.com
Sat Jun 24 13:48:28 EDT 2006

On Sat, 24 Jun 2006, Paul Jordan wrote:

> I was wondering, would there be any efficiency gain to have a tag made
> that did something like the following:
>
> [tmp list=1]
> 	page_title: Home
> 	seetab: home
> 	subtab_a: 1
> 	foo: [sql-param bar]
> [/tmp]
>
> I imagine that it only needs to call ?something? once to set all four,
> yes? I am mainly thinking of the typing speed, readability and
> maintenance of these things, as well as any execution gains.

I can imagine that being pretty popular. And it should be a little faster.

I don't think it will work to extend the existing [tmp] and [tmpn] tags
for it, though, because they don't currently have addAttr set, and they're
frequently called from Perl:

     $Tag->tmpn('somescratch', 'somedata');

and all such calls would break if you added new ordered parameters or an
option hash.

But no reason you couldn't create a completely separate tag to handle it.

Jon

--
Jon Jensen
End Point Corporation