[ic] New topic submission

Kevin Walsh kevin at cursor.biz
Tue Jun 27 20:06:02 EDT 2006

Peter <peter at pajamian.dhs.org> wrote:
> On 06/27/2006 04:17 PM, Pelindaba Lavender Orders wrote:
> > "What is the best way to export my entire list of orders to Excel?"
> >
> In the admin UI, select the Tables tab, then click on one of the tables,
> then Export Data tab, then Multiple Table tab and check the Create XLS
> spreadsheet box, click the Uncheck All link, and check the box for
> orderline plus any other tables you want, then click the Perform Export
> button.
>
> At least that's how it's supposed to be done, it doesn't work in the
> demo, though.  Any comments anyone?

Dump the table as a tab-separated values file and import that into your
spreadsheet.  You will need to dump all of the tables associated with
your orders;  The standard demo uses the transactions and orderline
tables.

Presumably, you want to dump your data to a spreadsheet so that you
can analyse it in some way.  You could create a page that analyses the
data and displays the results in the Interchange admin system instead.
That would save all of the time and expense spent monkeying about with
Microsoft products, and you wouldn't need to reboot every ten minutes
either. :-)

 _/ _/    _/          _/ _/     _/    _/  _/_/    kevin at cursor.biz