[ic] Interchange::Link, missing.html, 404

Joshua Lavin josh at myprivacy.ca
Wed Jun 28 13:24:13 EDT 2006

Using IC 5.4.0, Interchange::Link for mod_perl2.

My special_pages/missing.html does not return a header of 404/Not
found. Rather they return 200/OK. This is not desired.

When I used Mod::Interchange, I used the 'tag' tag in missing.html:

[tag op=header]
[/tag]

This no longer works with IC:Link (gives a blank page). Also reported
here:
http://www.icdevgroup.org/pipermail/interchange-users/2006-March/
045144.html

I believe the problem stems from this code in Link.pm:

elsif($set_status =~ /^404/) {
#warn "404 not found status\n";
      close (SOCK)   or die "close: $!\n";
      return Apache2::Const::OK;
}

Is there any reason why this could not return
Apache2::Const::NOT_FOUND? Would that not allow us to use a
missing.html? (Could I use an ErrorDocument then, delivered by IC?)

Anyone else having this problem?

--
Josh Lavin
Kingdom Design   http://www.kingdomdesign.com/