[ic] Stupid limits

Daniel Davenport DDavenport at newagedigital.com
Thu Mar 2 07:57:40 EST 2006

Also, the tables should each have a file describing them in
dbconf/mysql/${table}.mysql.  Those files should have lines that say
	Database  some_table_name  COLUMN_DEF  "code=char(16)"
or the like.  The default, if no such line describes a column, is to
make the first column (which is assumed to be the key) a char(16), and
any other field a char(128).  You can override that by adding a
COLUMN_DEF line for the field whose structure you care about.

This is more helpful if you ever intend to move the catalog, as IC will
have enough info to rebuild the database at its new home.

--
Daniel Davenport
New Age Digital