[ic] IC 5.4 Log rotation

Steve Graham icdev at mrlock.com
Tue Mar 7 08:42:35 EST 2006

> > /var/log/interchange/*.log {
> >         size 1000k
> >         missingok
> >         rotate 5
> >         notifempty
> >         sharedscripts
> >         postrotate
> >            if [ -f /var/run/interchange/interchange.pid ]; then \
> >              if [ -x /usr/sbin/invoke-rc.d ]; then \
> >                 invoke-rc.d interchange restart > /dev/null; \
> >              else \
> >                 /etc/init.d/interchange restart > /dev/null; \
> >              fi; \
> >            fi;
> >         endscript
> >
> > }

Thanks for the comments.
This is what I had before:
/usr/local/interchange/error.log
  {
  rotate 4
  monthly
  compress
  nocreate
  }

Maybe I just need to remove the nocreate option.
The directory /usr/local/interchange was owned by user root, and group root.
I guess Interchange either doesn't try to create the error.log file
if not found, or errors out because of ownership.
I'll play around with it a little more...

Thanks for the insight.

-Steve