[ic] UPS on demand rate lookup - no CSV files

Paul Jordan paul at gishnetwork.com
Tue Mar 7 12:08:54 EST 2006

Hello List

I am just trying to figure out what is going on with shipping lookups, and
the community. I have several clients that would like UPS lookups, but they
are not daily rate customers. Apparently people who have/pay for a daily
pickup get daily rates and the rest of us occasional UPS users get on-demand
rates. I was surprised to find that there are no on-demand shipping rate
tables, only PDF's, unlike daily rates, which are available as CSV files on
www.ups.com. I have contacted UPS and they have confirmed that this is not
available.

Does anybody have/maintain a source for on-demand rates? I'm sure they'd
work as is, in IC, in lieu of the daily rate tables provided by IC
currently. Alternatively, are there any consultants that would like to
maintain these tables for a fee?

One more thing, for some reason the tar file of the nightly builds contain
old rate data WRT USPS ship methods. However, you can download the new rates
from the demo at www.icdevgroup.org.

Thank you in advance for any leads

 Paul Jordan