[ic] Default language

Elver Loho elver.loho at gmail.com
Wed Mar 8 11:14:08 EST 2006

Hiya!

catalog.cfg has the following:

# Last locale specified is the default.
Locale          en_US LC_CTYPE C
Locale en_US currency_symbol
LocaleDatabase  locale
DefaultLocale en_US
ScratchDefault mv_locale en_US

Situation: The language variable is set to 'rus'. On the page there
exists [L code]blah[/L] In the database for the entry 'code' we have
en_US='foobar' but no 'rus'.

What we want: It should fall back to the en_US field for 'code' and
therefore display 'foobar'.

What it does: Is fall back to the string between the L tags and it
displays 'blah'.

I hope that was more clear.

Elver