[ic] Using counter_tid and getting relevant errors, possible?

Paul Jordan paul at gishnetwork.com
Fri Mar 10 17:09:02 EST 2006

Dear List

Upon making the change to use a transaction counter as opposed to
etc/order.number pre-accepted transaction, I followed this:

http://www.interchange.rtfm.info/whatsnew/51.html

Stating to bascially add

	counter_tid    etc/transaction.number

What I have found is that does not work, but instead (as the new distro
ships) add it to the default route:

Route   default   counter_tid     logs/tid.counter

In the what's new file is also a note:

	If you use counter_tid, you *must* set set the
	order number in your logging file if you want
	it to be available.

I don't know where this refers to. I am pretty sure this means that in order
to have a failed payment get the order number in error.log, I need to do
something, however I don't see how this is possible. It seems like a chicken
before the egg issue.

In error log I'd see something like:

Giberish......... flex /flex/ord/finalize.html ERRORS on ORDER :

I am ok with this, but the note eludedd to being able to have the order
number show (below), so if it is possible, I'd like it.

Giberish......... flex /flex/ord/finalize.html ERRORS on ORDER : NNN

Any hints?

 Paul Jordan

Gish Network
  Tel 626 285 7609