[ic] Problems with IC 5.4 and access.asc file lock.

Gert van der Spoel ic at 3edge.com
Fri Mar 24 14:27:50 EST 2006

Boyd Lynn Gerber writes:

>> > I had 5.2 working and I removed my 5.2 installation and installed 5.4 on a
>> > UnixWare 7.1.4 and an OpenServer 6.0.0 which is based on UnixWare 7.1.4.
>> >
>> > 198.60.105.176 zGUVFuu3:198.60.105.176 - [24/March/2006:03:05:26 +0000]
>> > test1 /cgi-bin/test1/admin/index.html Runtime error: access import into
>> > failed: Could not lock file: Bad file number
>> > In debug.log I see...
>> > Importing access table from
>> > /usr/local/interchange/catalogs/test1/products/access.asc
>> > and in /usr/local/interchange/catalogs/test1/products/...
>> > # l /usr/local/interchange/catalogs/test1/products/acc*
>> > - -rw-rw-r--    1 interch  zenez     1486 Mar 23 05:05
>> > /usr/local/interchange/catalogs/test1/products/access.asc
>> > - -rw-rw----    1 interch  zenez        0 Mar 24 12:40
>> > /usr/local/interchange/catalogs/test1/products/access.asc.lock
>> >
>> > I created a start file to try and debug this.  I have it with and with out
>> > the PERL_SIGNALS.  See below...
>> > - --------------------------------Cut-Here----------------------------
>> > # this is to start and stop the interchange server
>> > # the normal utils do not work
>> > #
>> > PERL_SIGNALS="unsafe";export PERL_SIGNALS
>> > kill -9 `cat /usr/local/interchange/etc/interchange.pid`
>> > rm /usr/local/interchange/etc/sock*
>> > /usr/local/interchange/bin/interchange -r -u
>> > chmod 777 /usr/local/interchange/etc/socket*
>> > chmod u+s,g+s /usr/local/interchange/etc/socket*
>> > - --------------------------------Cut-Here----------------------------
>> > http://www.zenez.com/test1/
>>
>> I don't directly see the reason, but have you tried what happens if you
>> move access.asc aside, if you have then the same problem on the next
>> data table. Are you using a database (mysql, postgres) or is it with
>> gdbm/db files? Did you copy your old catalog.cfg to your new install or
>> are you using the standard catalog.cfg?
>
> I removed all trace of my old catalogs.  Every thing looks OK.  The gdmb
> files and MySQL files are all created.  BTW, I do use mysql.  This is a
> default install from scratch using /usr/local/interchange/bin/makecat
>
> I tried it as user interch and root  I have a test1 and test2.  One
> was done as root and the other was done as user interch.  Both have
> the exact same problem.  Moving it causes this error.  I have removed
> everything and build things as user interch and as root with the exact
> same problem.  I am not sure exactly how the *.asc files are handled.  I
> see the lock file is created and the error above.  When the file is moved
> I get this message.
>
> 198.60.105.176 Y6Vspr7G:198.60.105.176 - [24/March/2006:15:46:16 +0000]
> test1 /cgi-bin/test1/admin/index.html Runtime error: open read/write
> /usr/local/interchange/catalogs/test1/products/access.asc: No such file or
> directory
>
> I suspect some has change with how the .asc files are used/locked.  I did
> the following before I started...
>
> # rm -r /usr/local/interchange
> [...]

Perhaps this thread earlier last month can help:
http://www.icdevgroup.org/pipermail/interchange-users/2006-February/044761.h
tml

You could try to put back an older Server.pm file and see if things work.
Peter gave a good hint here to do some trial and error to find where things
have gone bad .. A lot has been added since 4.6, perhaps you can find some
lines that are the culprits.

CU,

Gert