[ic] affiliate programs

Peter peter at pajamian.dhs.org
Fri Mar 24 18:36:43 EST 2006

On 03/24/2006 11:49 AM, Ryan Perry wrote:
> I'm interested to know if anyone has used Interchange as part of an
> affiliate program?

Yes

>  I'd like for users to be able to control their  own
> catalogs (turn items on or off), set prices,

This shouldn't be a problem but you would have to add that functionality
in, it's not in the standad demo.  It can be controlled by adding
another table to cross link the affiliates with the products table and
adding an appropriate interface for the affiliates to control it with.

> and choose different
> templates.

It's not too difficult to give individual affiliates thier own banner
image and css styles, just a matter of adding fields for these to the
affiliates table.  I have sites where I've done this.

>  I know Interchange can do many things.  Can it work for me?

In a word, yes.

Peter