[ic] Re: [interchange-docs]http://www.icdevgroup.org/xmldocs/iccattut/MinimalCatalog.html

William O. Yates hackware at tru2life.net
Fri Mar 31 18:45:22 EST 2006

Davor Ocelic wrote ..
> On Fri, 31 Mar 2006 07:34:54 -0800 (PST)
> "William O. Yates" <hackware at tru2life.net> wrote:
>
> > Davor Ocelic wrote ..

> which
> > > are specified in two main files. Global configuration directives go
> > > the interchange.cfg file which is common for all catalogs running on
> servers
> > > started from the same Interchange installation directory (ICROOT).
> Catalog-specific
> > > configuration directives go to catalog.cfg in the catalog directory
> (CATROOT).

> telling
> > > Interchange the details of the new catalog. Open the /etc/interchange/catalogs.cfg
> > > file and add the following:

> > > Yes and no. In the introduction, it says we will use debian file paths,
> > > and this
> > > path is valid on debian.
> > >
> > > Anyway, this was just ignorance on my part, so I actaully could provide
> > > conditional
> > > phrases based on profile selected for the build.
> > >
> > > -doc
> >
> > i was not refering to the path, but the filename...
> >
> > catalogs.cfg should be interchange.cfg
>
> No Will, as I said, the right path *and filename* on Debian is
>
> /etc/interchange/catalogs.cfg
>
> The Debian packages are done in such a way that interchange.cfg includes
> catalogs.cfg.
>

> > btw: why not allow post to docs...?
>
> Because it was traditionally a closed list. Now that it is public, I might
> enable it in the following days/weeks.
>

> Have a nice day everyone,
> -doc

well, as far as "catalogs.cfg" goes, it does not agree with the rest of the document...

it only appears ONCE in the entire tutorial, and the rest of the document refers to

interchange.cfg, and catalog.cfg, just like all the rest of interchange docs...

constraining docs only to the debian point of view is not a very good approach for the

rest of the world...

on the point of posting to docs, how to you expect any help with docs, if you keep things

all locked up...?   do you expect us to only use the interchage-users list...?