[ic] 5.4 PayPal hack (diffs), and payment module thoughts

Tom Friedel - Ready Ink Incorporated tom at readyink.com
Sun May 14 12:30:33 EDT 2006

I understand eBay has a Direct Payment API now that would allow a
payment module to be written in the same model as the other ones.  I
wonder if the reason we don't have one now is because the PayPal IPN
interface with asynchronous response was hard to work with.  I really
really could use this module, but can't find the time to work on it.  I
did write the MCVE payment module included with IC 5.x a long time ago,
and  I mention this just because it is possible I could remember some of
the details should anyone trying this have any questions,

For the moment I have put in PayPal as a payment option like Postal
Order, and am trying to hold off my clients ideas to move to a different
platform.  Others have done PayPal this way in the past, and I do not
recommend this for inclusion in IC.

http://www.readyink.com/interchange_5.4_paypal.diffs
http://www.readyink.com/interchange_5.4_paypal.diffs2

tom friedel