[ic] "Too many new ID assignment"

Kaare Rasmussen kaare at jasonic.dk
Wed May 17 03:18:46 EDT 2006

I wonder why I get this message:

Too many new ID assignments for this IP address. Please wait at least 24 hours
before trying again. Only waiting that period will allow access. Terminating.

I can see from past experiences that the most common time this happens is when
an office has multiple employees behind a NAT accessing the admin. But it's a
completely new 5.4 installation, and I'm the only one testing it.

I know that I can delete a file in tmp/addr_ctr and that I can reduce the
problem with Limit  robot_expire  0.005.

But I wonder why I get this message in the first place, as I'm the only one on
this address. The web server is inside a  firewall with nat, but I can't see
that should raise this problem

--

Med venlig hilsen
Kaare Rasmussen, Jasonic

Jasonic                 Telefon: +45 3816 2582
Nordre Fasanvej 12
2000 Frederiksberg      Email: kaare at jasonic.dk