[ic] catalog config error

Gert van der Spoel gert at 3edge.com
Tue May 30 10:56:18 EDT 2006

Aaron Berg writes:

>> The only other thing I can think of is that you got the change regarding
>> ConfigParseComments in your development environment and that causes some
>> issues with your catalog.cfg ... Change as noted in the WHATSNEW:
>> Developer: jon
>> Date: 2006-01-30 17:44:11 GMT
>> Modified:  debian   interchange.cfg
>> Modified:  dist     interchange.cfg.dist
>> Modified:  dist/standard catalog.cfg
>> Modified:  lib/Vend Config.pm
>> Remove global and catalog directives "ConfigParseComments". Its "no"
>> behavior is now the only one. That means that #ifdef, #include, and
>> friends
>> are now never anything besides comments.
>>
>> Perhaps showing the catalog.cfg might help shed a light on things.
>>
>> CU,
>>
>> Gert
>
> Thanks for the suggestion.  I tried changing the ConfigParseComments
> from 'No' to 'Yes' without any effect.  I've done a new copy of the
> catalog, which still has issues.  Originally I was getting the same
> error in theme.cfg, but removed the inline stylesheet (declared inside
> an ifdef) which resolved that. The theme.cfg error is as follows:
> ------
> In line 0 of the configuration file 'templates/foundation/theme.cfg':
>
> catalog_name config error: Failed to close #ifdef on line 18.
> In line 0 of the configuration file 'templates/foundation/theme.cfg':
> -----
>
> If I remove the content of this ifdef that theme.cfg error goes away
> and I'm given the catalog.cfg line 74 error.  Line 74 of catalog.cfg
> includes dbconf/mysql/mysql.cfg.  Oddly I get the same error if I
> delete the ifdef around line 74 and it's contents.
> catalog.cfg:
> ============

<snip>

#=========================================================================
> =#
>
> # Database setup
>
> ParseVariables  Yes
>
> ifndef SQLDSN
> Variable  SQLDSN  dbi:mysql:icdb_adaptive
> endif
>
> ifdef MYSQL
> DatabaseDefault NO_ASCII_INDEX 1
> include dbconf/mysql/mysql.cfg
> endif

Do you have SQLDSN set in your variable.txt ? If so you could take out the
ifndef SQLDSN block and see what happens to the no. 74 ...
What is your definition of SQLDSN in variable.txt (if you have it)?

Also is there perhaps anything strange happening in dbconf/mysql/mysql.cfg?

If you leave out the ifdef MYSQL block completely .. do you still get the
line 74 or does it move about a bit?

CU,

Gert