[ic] Single item results in multiple categories

Alfred Martinez alfredm at mindspring.com
Tue May 30 23:54:25 EDT 2006

>> I'm sure this question has multiple solutions, but I need to figure out
>> how
>> to set up items that are in different categories so that I can flag and
>> display them in the standard results grid (results.html). More
>> specifically,
>> I have an online store that has different categories (tshirts, jackets,
>> belts, etc), but I need to be able to have a button on the store that
>> allows
>> me to show all the new flagged items for the season, in the standard
>> results
>> grid (not just the promo vertical category lists).
>
> Quick solution might be to:
> Use 'promo' and then call it into the body of a page instead of vertical.
>
> OR - create a new component based on 'promo' - modify it to your
> requirements and then call it into the body of a blank page.
>
> OR - create new search query using wizard in admin?

Thank you for your suggestions.

My instinct was to do your first or second suggestions, but I'm
unfortunately not completely familiar with interchange tags to accomplish it
myself. I'm capable of making rudimentary modifications to the components,
but I'm not quite sure how to do this.

I had never considered your last option. How would I build a custom search
to do what I want? Would I do a search that would key off a code that I
would put in the description?