[ic] Long sessions

Grant emailgrant at gmail.com
Fri Nov 3 21:01:02 EST 2006

Has anyone experimented with sessions that don't expire or take a very
long time to expire?  I understand that it increases the server's
overhead, but it's pretty cool to go back to amazon a long time after
visiting and all your last visited pages are there and your cart is
full.

Is the following expiring my sessions, or is there a catalog or global
directive or default?

0 4 * * * find /catalogs/cat/tmp -type f -mmin +480 | xargs --no-run-if-empty rm
0 4 * * * find /catalogs/cat/tmp -type d -empty -depth -mindepth 1 |
xargs --no-run-if-empty rmdir

- Grant