[ic] Cheap Payment Gateway

Kevin Walsh kevin at cursor.biz
Sat Nov 4 04:43:33 EST 2006

Frank Reitzenstein <frank at goldissue.com> wrote:
> I have been using Interchange with PGP, and recovering the credit card
> info from emails. If I explained that to PayPal are you saying that they
> might be agreeable?

They might.  I'd still recommend that you find a provider who will
rent you a fit-for-purpose payment submission terminal (virtual
or physical), rather than continuing to use PayPal in that way.

> "We have reason to believe you are opening PayPal accounts for your
> buyers, or allowing buyers to open their accounts from a central
> location. Creating accounts for buyers, or allowing them to open
> accounts from a central location, opens yourself up to the risk of being
> liable if the buyers account ever engages in any future fraudulent
> activity.
>
> We ask that you refrain from using PayPal in this manner. We appreciate
> your cooperation in this matter."

That looks like an automated message to me.  You probably tripped some
sort of "maximum number of credit cards an ordinary person might have"
limit.

 _/ _/    _/          _/ _/     _/    _/  _/_/    kevin at cursor.biz