[ic] search-region tag. How to start with the second page of results

ic at 3edge.com ic at 3edge.com
Sun Nov 12 12:24:04 EST 2006

John1 writes:

> I am using a search-region tag as follows:
>
> [search-region more=1 arg="
>  fi=some_table
>  ml=100
>  md=1
>  st=db
>  co=yes
>
> The query returns several hundred results (100 on each page).  The first
> page I do not generally want to see so I would like it to start on the
> second page.  At the moment it always starts with the first page and I
> have to click next to get to the second page.  Is it possible to force it
> to start with the second page (i.e. containing records 101 to 200), so
> that I can still click "Previous" if I want to get back to the first page
> (records 1-100).
>
> I have tried adding the argument np=2 to the above search-region tag but
> it doesn't seem to have any effect.  Anyone know how this is done? Thanks

Perhaps: fm=101

As found on:
http://www.interchange.rtfm.info/icdocs/Search_parameters.html#mv_first_matc
h_fm

mv_first_match (fm)

Normally the search will return the first page of a search resultset.  If
this parameter is given then it will start the search return at the
specified row, even if there is only one page.  If it is set to a value
greater than the number of matches then it will act as if no matches were
found at all.

 ---
Haven't tested it myself.

CU,