[ic] login problem

Kevin Walsh kevin at cursor.biz
Thu Nov 16 17:39:02 EST 2006

"Georg Brugger" <georg.brugger at edienste.de> wrote:
> I had my shop, based on ic 5.2 up an running fine. Now I changed the name of
> a column in the userdb MySQL table.
>
> Now, when I try to login it jumpes back to index.html instead of going to
> login_success.html. I am using the login.html from the foundation shop and
> also the userdb table is very similar to the foundation shop one.
>
> Question: do I need to reconfigure something else too when changing the name
> of a column?

The reconfiguration all depends upon which column you renamed.  For
instance, if you renamed "username" to "foobleblop" then it might make
logins a little difficult until Interchange is told about the new column
name.

In the above case, you'd need to put the following in your catalog.cfg
file:

    UserDB  default  user_field  foobleblop

See this page for a few of the other UserDB default overrides:

    http://www.interchange.rtfm.info/icdocs/config/UserDB.html

 _/ _/    _/          _/ _/     _/    _/  _/_/    kevin at cursor.biz