[ic] Clear user session after checkout

Kevin Walsh kevin at cursor.biz
Sat Nov 25 17:37:16 EST 2006

Bob Puff <bob at nleaudio.com> wrote:
> I've got a customer who enters a lot of orders into their cart.
> The problem is that IC
> tends to save all the user's shipping and billing information, even
> after a checkout has
> occurred.  How can I make the cart dump this information as well,
> so that after they
> complete a checkout, nothing is retained?

You could log the user out using [userdb function=logout clear=1],
which would clear all of the user's information from the session.
There's also the [userdb function=logout clear_session=1] usage,
which will force an entirely new session to be created.

See here:

    http://www.interchange.rtfm.info/icdocs/Interchange_user_database.html#logout

I should ask why a single user would want to enter lots of orders
with different shipping and billing information, but I suspect that
you're going to tell me that the user is some sort of administrator or
agent.

 _/ _/    _/          _/ _/     _/    _/  _/_/    kevin at cursor.biz