[ic] IC mod rewrite question.

Sales Dept sstreich at hughes.net
Sat Nov 25 21:47:39 EST 2006

Running IC 5.3 and Apache2
I have the following in my httpd.conf file.

<VirtualHost ipaddress:80 >
  ServerName www.domain.com

  DocumentRoot /usr/local/www/data.default
ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ "/usr/local/www/cgi-bin/"
RewriteEngine On
 RewriteRule ^$ /cgi-bin/catalog/index.html [PT,L]
 RewriteRule ^/$ /cgi-bin/catalog/index.html [PT,L]
 RewriteRule ^/cgi-bin/.* - [PT,L]
 RewriteRule ^/images/.* -  [PT,L]
 RewriteRule ^/inter-5/.* - [PT,L]
 RewriteRule ^/(.*) /cgi-bin/catalog/$1 [PT,L]
 RewriteRule ^/robots\.txt$   -       [PT,L]
 RewriteRule ^/.*\.css$   -       [PT,L]
 RewriteRule ^/.*\.js$   -       [PT,L]
 RewriteRule ^/.*favicon\.ico$   /favicon.ico       [PT,L]
 RewriteRule ^/data.default/.* -  [PT,L]
</VirtualHost>

# Directives to allow use of AWStats as a CGI
#
Alias /awstatsclasses "/usr/local/awstats/wwwroot/classes/"
Alias /awstatscss "/usr/local/awstats/wwwroot/css/"
Alias /awstatsicons "/usr/local/awstats/wwwroot/icon/"
ScriptAlias /awstats/ "/usr/local/awstats/wwwroot/cgi-bin/"

#
# This is to permit URL access to scripts/files in AWStats directory.
#
<Directory "/usr/local/awstats/wwwroot">
    Options None
    AllowOverride None
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
</Directory>

IC 5.3 works fine, both store and admin pages along with the ssl functions
as expected.
However every request made to the data.default directory and files create
and error, the store loads and I get a page not found message with IC. Even
the awstats create the same error.
Making a request to www.domain.com/images causes a IC page not found error
however www.domain.com/images/items works as expected.
I think it's safe to assume it's due to my configuration in the rewrite
rules, nothing show up in any of the error logs.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Steve