[ic] mod_interchange and index.html

Oleg Raskin oleg at eville.us
Sun Oct 1 14:38:45 EDT 2006

Greetings,

I seem to be having a rather strange problem, although I am sure it is
something quite simple.  I've got a catalog set up using mod_interchange
which maps to the root directory of a domain using <Location />.
Everything works fine except for the actual index.html page in my
catalog's pages directory.  The browser displays the directory listing of
my public_html folder if I just go to domain.com, yet it works when I
specifically add index or index.html to the address
(domain.com/index.html).

For now I've created a workaround by actually putting an index.html file
in my public_html folder which basically does nothing but redirect the
browser to domain.com/index.html but I really need to understand what is
causing the problem in the first place.

My apache 1.3.36 configuration is very standard and has the following
inside VirtualHost:
DocumentRoot /home/username/public_html
<Location />
        SetHandler interchange-handler
        InterchangeServer /usr/local/interchange/etc/socket
        OrdinaryFileList /images/ /images /interchange-5/ /css
</Location>

Any suggestions are highly appreciated.