[ic] Thread hijacking

Andreas Grau agrau at esquat.com
Thu Sep 7 03:38:15 EDT 2006

On Thu, 07 Sep 2006 09:03:46 +0200
Stefan Hornburg <racke at linuxia.de> wrote:

> Andreas Grau wrote:
> >
> > Top posters usually get flamed rather quick here, why not thread
> > hijackers as well ? For the same reason : It renders threads hard to
> > follow. And finding such a posting by sorting the subject line is also
> > impossible.
> >
> > Thoughts ?
>
> Teach the correct way by notifying thread hijackers with private
> email, most of them aren't aware of their fault. Other than that, you
> can also choose to ignore their postings.

I am not saying they do it deliberately. Just as top-poster don't
top-post in order to annoy. It's ignorance, not arrogance, at least I hope so.

Are you saying that thread hichjacking is acceptable behaviour on this
list ? If it is, I am fine with that. I don't have a need to "teach", I
have asked about etiquette on this particular list.

Thanks,
Andreas