[ic] Beginner Question

Davor Ocelic docelic at mail.inet.hr
Tue Sep 12 15:37:08 EDT 2006

On Tue, 12 Sep 2006 14:14:24 -0500
Cesáreo García Rodicio <cesareo at cesareox.com> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> > If you can call up http://localhost:1024/cgi-bin/executable , it
> > means your CGI link program has been compiled.
>
> So, if it is compiled, why do I have the problem error:
> [error] [client 127.0.0.1] Premature end of script headers: executable

Okay, so this means the cgi script *is* being called up, but
something else is the problem.

> I've checked permissions and it is:
>
> -rwxr--r--  1 user user 10048 2006-09-12 12:42
> $HOME/apache/cgi-bin/executable
>
> And I didn't find anythin in catalogs/standard/error.log

Take a look at INTERCHANGE/error.log too, where you can see
global errors.

> So what's happen? What do you think?

Maybe the link program does not have the right permissions
to talk to Interchange socket.

Check out which user is running the Apache server, and check
out permissions on INTERCHANGE/etc/socket file.
Maybe 'chmod u+s $HOME/apache/cgi-bin/executable' will help.