[ic] Tax Exempt

Mike Heins mike at perusion.com
Wed Sep 20 10:29:00 EDT 2006

Quoting Kevin Walsh (kevin at cursor.biz):
> Mike Heins <mike at perusion.com> wrote:
> > There are ways to do this already -- all you have to do is set:
> >
> > 	SalesTax   tax_exempt zip state
> >
> > Then put in salestax.asc (or whatever your mechanism is):
> >
> > 	notax	0.00
> >
> > At that point, just set the tax_exempt field to "notax" and
> > you have it.
> >
> You'd also have to set that up in the UserDB preferences.
>
> Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that the above might be a
> security hazard.  I think that the above would allow anyone to set
> their own tax_exempt status within the confines of their current
> session.

For some value of security hazard, anyway. Usually in the U.S.,
and even in Europe from what I have seen, companies allow anyone
with a Tax ID number to claim tax exempt status.

You can, if you want, do:

	FormIgnore tax_exempt

to make it secure.

--
Mike Heins

Fast, reliable, cheap.  Pick two and we'll talk.  -- unknown