[ic] mod_interchange and https

Ron Phipps ron at endpoint.com
Sat Sep 23 13:39:15 EDT 2006

Oleg Raskin wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I've managed to get mod_interchange running and all the URLs in my catalog
> look very short and descriptive (once again many thanks to all that helped
> with this last week).
>
> One problem I am now running into is getting the SSL to work with
> mod_interchange.  Whenever I go to one of the secure pages (checkout for
> example), I get a "page cannot be displayed" error.  I know that the
> server is running SSL on the default port (7443 I think) so one think I've
> tried was adding an identical VirtualHost entry in Apache, pointing to the
> same interchange socket and everything, only for port 7443 but that didn't
> help.

Hi Oleg,

The default SSL port is 443, so make sure you are using that port.  Then before bringing mod_interchange into the picture, make sure you can deliver a non interchange server page through SSL.  Once that works copy your mod_interchange section from your non-ssl vhost to your ssl vhost and see if that works.  There are also additional directives that need to go in the SSL host to get the ssl certificates working.  Thanks.

--
Ron Phipps
End Point Corporation
ron at endpoint.com