[ic] Component control problem

N.E.S.T. Solutions nest_consulting at yahoo.ca
Mon Apr 16 20:45:04 EDT 2007

Hi all

I'm having a strange problem with component controls and I am wondering
if anyone
would have pointers or ideas to what might cause this problem. I can't
seem to
find similar bugs reported in the lists.

I explain:

1) I go in the admin UI, Content Tab, Components Tab
2) I click on New Component
3) I call it "test" and click OK
4) I add in Description "Test", and Class "content"
5) I click on SAVE, and then publish

The file will then contain:
____________________________________
[comment]
ui_component: test
ui_type: component
ui_name: test
ui_class: content
ui_component_version: 5.4.1
ui_label: test
ui_source: templates/components/test

[/comment]
____________________________________

6) I go back to add the Component Control
7) I set these values  - Identifier "testcontrol", Label "Test Control"
and Type "text"
8) I click OK and then PUBLISH

The file will then contain:
____________________________________
[comment]
ui_component: test
ui_type: component
ui_name: test
ui_class: content
ui_component_version: 5.4.1
ui_label: test
ui_source: templates/components/test

testcontrol:
        code: testcontrol
        db: ^@
        label: Test Control
        type: text

[/comment]
____________________________________

Why do I get "db: ^@"   in there??? I've only had those problems since I
installed IC 5.4.1, I am
using 5.2.x still elsewhere and it works fine. As soon as I have the db:
^@ line in a control,
it creates weird problems in the page components when I add/remove them:

-- Once I save or edit a component that is in use in a page, I will lose
the component's
controls in the Page Editor/Components tab.
-- Then if I remove the component, save the page, publish, it's gone OK.
If I add it again, the fields
for my controls are not showing!
--Deleting (with vi or whatever) the db: ^@ line from the control file
will make the component work,
but only after I Remove it and Re-Add it to the page, saving and
publishing in between.

I've been looping around trying to find a fix... Ideas anyone?

Thanks in advance to all

Martin H.
N.E.S.T. Solutions