[ic] search spec problem...

mail lists at gmnet.net
Thu Apr 19 17:47:15 EDT 2007

Hi,

I'm still having trouble with a search spec and I can't seem to solve
it. This entire search-region is inside a loop which is also inside
another loop.  each loop has its own prefix.

Here is my search spec:

  [search-region
  prefix=resources
  list_prefix=resources_list
  search=|
  fi=resources
  st=db
  co=1
  sf=categorycode
  se=[scratch categorycode]
  op=eq
  nu=0
  sf=topiccode
  se=[scratch topiccode]
  op=eq
  nu=0
  sf=loscore
  se=[scratch score]
  op=<=
  nu=1
  sf=hiscore
  se=[scratch score]
  op=>=
  nu=1
  sf=inactive
  se=1
  op=ne
  nu=0
  ml=none
  |]

here is a simplified view of my resources table:
code categorycode topiccode loscore hiscore inactive
1  1  1   0  .2  0
2  1  1  .3  .5  0
3  1  1  .6  .8  0
4  1  1  .9   1  0
5  2  1   0  .2  0
6  2  1  .3  .5  0
7  2  1  .6  .8  0
8  2  1  .9   1  0

If I set my scratch variables as follows:
categorycode = 1
topiccode = 1
score = .0000001
I get what you would expect (row 1 only)

If I set my scratch variables as follows:
categorycode = 1
topiccode = 1
score = .3333
I get what you would expect (row 2 only)

However, If I set my scratch variables this way:
categorycode = 1
topiccode = 1
score = 0
I get rows 1, 2, 3, and 4.

I have tried setting the loscore and hiscore fields in the database as
various types including double, float, decimal, and even text.
Does anybody have any ideas?

Thanks
Rick