[ic] Mod_rewrite & mod_interchange & short urls

David Bordas bordas at testadaz.com
Fri Apr 20 05:38:39 EDT 2007

I'm trying to find a way to make some urls as short as possible (for
I think some people have tried to do something similar too, but i can't
find my answer yet. :(

I'm currently using Apache 1.3.x and mod_interchange 1.33.

mod_interchange configuration :
<Location /store>
    SetHandler interchange-handler
    InterchangeServer /usr/local/interchange/etc/socket
    DropRequestList /default.ida /x.ida /cmd.exe /root.exe
    OrdinaryFileList /interchange-5/ /robots.txt /blog/

mod_rewrite configuration :
RewriteEngine On
RewriteRule ^$ /store/index.html [PT,L]
RewriteRule ^/$ /store/index.html [PT,L]

Interchange is up and running here :

I'm trying to modify urls like :

to :

I've found this :

So i tried and i've got same problem.
Rewrite not working :
RewriteRule ^/categorie/(.*)$

Rewrite working :
RewriteRule ^/categorie/(.*)$

Did someone find a way to solve this ? I'll also try to make this a 301
redirect, or to keep short url if I can.

Perhaps i'm looking to the wrong place ? Find a way to use flypage /
products mechanism for "prodgroup" will be better ? (if possible of course).
(like here http://www.backcountry.com/store/subcat/20/Mens-Jackets.html ?).