[ic] Interchange UPS Zone file change and update

Chris Gamache cgamache at gmail.com
Mon Apr 23 20:24:22 EDT 2007

On 4/23/07, Greg Rasberry at Razcon <grasberry at razcon.com> wrote:
> I see in the shipping.asc found in the ship folder the setting:
>  Zone    450ps
> I have noted that the file formats for 450.csv and 450ps.csv seem to be
> different.  The file formats for the new 910.csv seems to match that of
> the 450.csv, so thus the re-name attempt.
> So far all I have tried is the GUI settings and then re-naming a new
> 910.csv to 450.csv to no effect.
> Any thoughts on what to try next?

Using IC5.5, I did the /exact/ same thing last night (except with a
368.csv file) : I placed the file in the products/ and products/ship/
folders, and after an "apply changes" they did appear in the dropdown.
I did change my orgin zipcode through the admin interface
"Administration->Shipping (link)" and changed UPS_ORIGIN to my
origination zipcode. I don't know if this had any effect at all, tho.

I know this borders on silly, but I know that when I get deep into a
problem that defies logic like this, I'll take any suggestion. Double
check and make absolutely certain that you're dropping the files into
the correct catalog folder. If you're like me, you deployed umpteen
catalogs until you got the names and values "just right" in makecat
... If you've really dropped the ship files in the right spot, kill
and restart interchange, apply changes, clear your borwser cache, do
anything you can to get back to the baseline.

When you get this working, perhaps you or someone can demystify those
other csv files in the products/ and products/ship/ folder. I'm
paranoid that I'll be using the wrong shipping tables.

More information about the interchange-users mailing list