[ic] New.. and already I'm going to be a pain :(

Davor Ocelic docelic at mail.inet.hr
Sat Dec 22 18:05:27 EST 2007

On Sat, Dec 22, 2007 at 03:41:10PM -0700, John Halvy wrote:
> Gert I am sorry I did not address your questions in the mail I just sent! :(
>
> The (cli) error message upon IC starting up is:
>
> ' Please specify the VendURL directive in the configuration file 'catalog.cfg'.

You either provided the wrong path to the catalog root directory, or
the user which Interchange is running as has no permission to read it.

> I get a message in Konqueror browser: 'Could not connect to host 127.0.0.1 (port 7786)'

Why? IIRC you should never see the port 7786 displayed.. You need to
visit http://localhost/cgi-bin/ic/CATALOG (or something similar),
and it would take care of connecting to 7786 on its own.

If you did that and got this message, then try adding this in
interchange.cfg:

  SocketPerms 0666

and restart Interchange.

> Same error message whether I use ssl or not, and when I use my local (host) name as the addy 127.0.0.1, or localhost.  Same in all other browsers.  I will try and change 'VendURL' to localhost or 127.0.0.1, while I am waiting for some help.

No, VendURL needs to be something like
http://localhost/cgi-bin/ic/CATNAME.

> Logs:
>
> Only apache2 error message is when I start the web server:
> 'Could not reliably determine the server's fully qualified domain name, using 127.0.0.1 for ServerName'.

That's ok.