[ic] prevent spidering of https: pages?

DB DB at M-and-D.com
Sun Dec 30 19:50:10 EST 2007

>> I noticed that some search engines have indexed both
>> http://www.mysite.com and https://www.mysite.com
>>
>> I'm seeking suggestions for how to prevent this. Maybe an IC trick, or
>> an Apache rewrite trick? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

> After some emailed feedback and some reading, I came up with:
>
> [tmp server_port][env SERVER_PORT][/tmp]
> [if scratch server_port == 443]
> [tmp bounce_url][area href="" secure=0 no_session=1][/tmp]
>     [bounce href="[scratch bounce_url]" status="301 Moved"]
> [/if]
>

> and this works. Now https://www.mydomain.com/page.html will 301 to
> http://www.mydomain.com/  which is progress, but I'd rather have end up
> at http://www.mydomain.com/page.html
>
> Does anyone know how?
>
> Thanks!

Sorry to keep answering myself, but I've solved this *almost* completely
using:

[tmp server_port][env SERVER_PORT][/tmp]
[if scratch server_port == 443]
[tmp bounce_url][area href="[var MV_PAGE 2]" secure=0 no_session=1][/tmp]
    [bounce href="[scratch bounce_url]" status="301 Moved"]
[/if]

This appears to work for all pages. The only remaining problem is that
https://www.mysite.com/  bounces to http://www.mysite.com//index.html
with a double slash. All other pages will 301 without this odd double
slash, and even https://www.mysite.com/index.html bounces correctly
without the double slash.

Can anyone help me solve this last pesky issue?

DB