[ic] Email tag: different behaviour sendmail and Net::SMTP

Ton Verhagen tverhagen at alamerce.nl
Thu Feb 1 04:35:31 EST 2007

At 09:26 PM 1/31/2007, Peter <peter at pajamian.dhs.org>  wrote:
>On 01/31/2007 08:14 AM, Kevin Walsh wrote:
> > Ton Verhagen <tverhagen at alamerce.nl> wrote:
> >> I am experiencing problems with the email tag in IC5.5.0 (cvs)
> >>
> >> It does all the tricks when I use sendmail as the mail agent,
> >> however, using Net::SMTP the following code does not send
> >> email. Running the code including the test=1 option shows
> >> a properly formatted email message imho.
> >>
> >> Please note:
> >> Sending email without an attachment works fine using Net::SMTP
> >>
> >> [email
> >>          to="info at alamerce.nl"
> >>          from="info at alamerce.nl"
> >>          subject="File: bg.gif"
> >>          attach='images/bg.gif'
> >> ]Here is your file.[/email]
> >>
> >> What could be wrong?
> >>
> > It appears that if you use "attach" then [email] calls [email-raw] for
> > some reason.  [email-raw] doesn't appear to have been coded to make use
> > of Net::SMTP.
>
>There is a patch floating about that I've created to fix [email-raw] to
>work with SMTP.  Search the ml archives for email-raw.

Apparently your patch never made it to CVS.

I have added your patch (from April 29th, 2005) to CVS.

Thanks Peter !

Best regards,

Ton

--
Alamerce Nederland --- Cornerstone of eBusiness
Phone +31-40-2374381    info at alamerce.nl    http://www.alamerce.nl

eCommerce Solutions -- Consulting -- Website & Interchange Hosting