[ic] mysql transactions affecting databse updates via IC form ?

DB DB at M-and-D.com
Fri Feb 2 15:32:22 EST 2007

I have a form on my IC 5.4 site that I use to update the data in one
table. This form code is basically taken verbatim form the example in
the docs. I noticed that if I enable mysql transactions for the catalog,
the database *sometimes* fails to update.

I'm not terribly familiar with what transactions actually do, and with
them turned off the update always seems to work. Can anyone comment?

DB