[ic] how to build the left side nav menu?

N.E.S.T. Solutions nest_consulting at yahoo.ca
Sun Feb 4 08:14:07 EST 2007

Hi all, following the same topic, I'm going to ask about my problem
and at the same time, maybe help John with the menu creation process

I have created menus using the products I had imported in a catalog
with the UI Menu tab, which worked fine, as long as I use only one
flyout menu on my pages.

I'm trying to have 3 horizontal flyout menus bars. I made my menus, used
the COMMON_MENU
variable file and copied it to 3 other files like this
NEST_PRODUCTS_MENU,
NEST_PROFILE_MENU, NEST_CLIENTS_MENU.

In these 3 variable files, I have changed the [menu name=......] and
js_prefix=
so that they all have different names and prefix.

So I have my 3 files in ~/variables and 3 menu files in
~/includes/menus.

I edited the LEFTRIGHT_TOP with the UI to add:
[output name=nest_clients_menu]__NEST_Clients_Menu__[output name=trash]
[output name=nest_profile_menu]__NEST_Profile_Menu__[output name=trash]
[output name=nest_products_menu]__NEST_Products_Menu__[output
name=trash]

The footer will use [unpack....  leftright...]

I edited the ~/includes/layout/leftright file to add lines to unpack my
3 menus using:

class="navigation_bar">{{NEST_PROFILE_MENU}}</div>

class="navigation_bar">{{NEST_PRODUCTS_MENU}}</div>

class="navigation_bar">{{NEST_CLIENTS_MENU}}</div>

In the end, my 3 rows are there, my 3 menus are there, but the flyout
parts
only work on the top one, the other 2 below don't work, with the
exception of
1 link in another menu that opens a submenu from the 1st menu!!

I am not very good with javascripts, so I would appreciate hints to
resolve
this matter.

Thank you all

Martin Houle