[ic] swish search - quotes

Dan Bergan dan at berganconsulting.com
Wed Feb 7 17:56:28 EST 2007

Quoting Kevin Walsh <kevin at cursor.biz>:

> Dan Bergan <dan at berganconsulting.com> wrote:
>> However it looks like I will have to do some hacking in Swish.pm it
snip

>> I'm getting a bit out of my element here, I would rather not have to
>> change a core file, so I would appreciate any easier ways to
>> accomplish this!
>>
> Try the Vend::Swish2 module from Interchange 5.5 (CVS).  The setup is
> the same, except change "Swish" to "Swish2" in config files.  You should
> be able to just dump the lib/Vend/Swish2.pm file into any 5.4.x version,
> and probably most other versions too.
>
> Maybe Swish2 will fix your problem and maybe it won't.  I haven't looked
> into it.  Swish2 makes use of the SWISH::API module (and friends) instead
> of building up a swish-e command line and executing it in a shell.  As
> there's no shell, there's no need to remove "unsafe" characters from the
> search spec.
>
> My RTFM website uses Interchange 5.5.0 and Vend::Swish2, so you could
> try out a couple of searches there to see if you get the kind of results
> you might expect.

Thanks Kevin.  I'll play around with the new version.

I tried it out a few times on your site, and it doesn't seem to be
doing exactly what I'm looking for.

I searched for the phrase:
"area tag produces"

(which is a phrase that is found on the Area tag page).  It found the
Area tag page as the first result, but it also returned two other
pages.  Those pages had all the words (or variations of the words),
but not the exact phrase.

I'll install the Swish2 module and see if I can figure what's going
on.  Thanks again for your help.

Dan