[ic] Image Widget Revisited - More Info

Cameron B. Prince cplists at princeservices.com
Thu Feb 8 16:00:46 EST 2007

Hey guys,

I was able to replicate this problem on the demo site and I wanted to
provide the steps:

1) Login to the admin, choose tables, then products and select an item
2) Select the Images tab and click the meta link for the image field
3) On the Typical tab, add the Combo box filter
4) On the Advanced tab, change images/items to images/items/*
5) Click Ok to return to the table
6) Select an item and click the Images tab
7) Change the select box to (none) for the image field and click Ok

When you reedit the item, you'll see that the original image still persists.

I will try to track this down and fix it. I wish I had a better idea of what
mv_data_file_oldfile is because it's not clear to me if this is a problem
with the widget not passing the correct data or problems handling the data
in Data.pm.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Cameron

I am back to work on the imagehelper widget and I've ran into a new problem.
When none is selected it doesn't cause the value in the field to be cleared.
When you reedit the record you see that the original image is still
selected. Selecting none does work properly with the imagedir widget.

I compared the output of each widget in the table editor and came up with
this:

IMAGEHELPER:

<A HREF="images/items/140.jpg">140.jpg</A>
<INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_data_file_field VALUE="image">
<INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_data_file_name_from VALUE="">
<INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_data_file_path VALUE="images/items">
<select name="mv_data_file_oldfile">
<option value="">(none)
<option value="100.jpg">100.jpg
</select>
<INPUT TYPE=file NAME="image" VALUE="140.jpg">
<input type="hidden" name="ui_filter:image" value="nullselect">

IMAGEDIR:

<input type="text" name="image" size="" value="">
<select name="image" class="s3">
<option value="">None
<option value="100.jpg">100.jpg
</select>
<input type="hidden" name="ui_filter:image" value="nullselect">

Do you think this is a widget issue or a problem in Data.pm?

Thanks,
Cameron