[ic] Lower-case state not working in profile create

Kevin Walsh kevin at cursor.biz
Tue Feb 20 15:49:50 EST 2007

Bob Puff <bob at nleaudio.com> wrote:
> On an IC 5.2 cart, I just got a notice that when someone goes to create an account, they
> must enter the state abbreviations as upper-case... lower-case entry gives off the error:
>
> "fl" not a valid two-letter state
>
> How can I make it so that it either automatically upper-cases it, or is case-insensitive?

You could add a couple of Filter directives to your catalog.cfg file,
like this:

    Filter  state    uc
    Filter  b_state  uc

You could add a "strip" filter in there too, to remove leading and
trailing whitespace, if you want that to happen.

See the following pages:

    http://www.interchange.rtfm.info/icdocs/config/Filter.html
    http://www.interchange.rtfm.info/icdocs/category:Filters.html

On the other hand, it would be better to show a list of state names,
in a <select> list, so that a correctly formatted value is always
provided by the form.

 _/ _/    _/          _/ _/     _/    _/  _/_/    kevin at cursor.biz