[ic] DBI Connect errors

Kevin Walsh kevin at cursor.biz
Tue Feb 20 16:15:50 EST 2007

Steve Graham <icdev at mrlock.com> wrote:
> >It seems as if you are using the masked (testing) version, from Gentoo
> >Portage, rather than the stable version, for some reason or other.  The
> >latest stable version in Portage is 1.50.  Try that version and see if
> >the problem goes away.
> >
> >Check your "/etc/portage/package.keywords" file to see whether you have
> >a "~x86" mask against "dev-perl/DBI".  If you have then remove it and
> >re-emerge the package.
> >
> >If it doesn't go away then perhaps you've found a bug in the test
> >version, which you should report to the maintainers.
> >
> I reinstalled emerge =dev-perl/DBU-1.50
> then restarted interchange.
> It seems there are less error messages now, but still some in the log file.
>
> I uncommented the debug line before line number 581 in DBI.pm and now
> getting allot of these in debug.log
>
> Vend::Table::DBI:debug: bad= connecting to dbi:mysql:mrlock:x.x.x.x:3306
> Vend::Table::DBI:debug: bad= connecting to dbi:mysql:mrlock:x.x.x.x:3306

Check that your "dev-perl/DBD-mysql" package is also not set up to use
the masked version, and re-emerge if necessary.

Having said that, the above debug messages are harmless.  You only see
them because you have un-commented that particular ::logDebug() line.

You didn't say whether or not you are able to connect to the DB now.
I assume that it all looks ok, in which case you can re-comment that
debug line.

 _/ _/    _/          _/ _/     _/    _/  _/_/    kevin at cursor.biz