[ic] Authorizenet failure

Dan Bergan dan at berganconsulting.com
Wed Feb 21 21:30:44 EST 2007

Quoting Kevin Walsh <kevin at cursor.biz>:

> Steve Graham <icdev at mrlock.com> wrote:
>> I'm noticing the following in /usr/local/interchange/error.log
>>
>> 196-1-xxxxxx U8xxxRtJ:bogus-site.com - [21/February/2007:12:28:12
>> -0600] locks /xxxxxx/finalize.html Safe: Real-time charge failed.
>> Reason: You must enter the correct billing address of your credit card.

That last line means that you have set up your Authorize.net account
to reject cards that do not have the correct billing address. This is
called AVS (Address Verification Service) -- In Authorize.net, look
under "Account Settings", then "Address Verification Service" (in the
"Security Settings" section).

You will see one of those messages (or something similar) every time a
charge is rejected by Authorize.net (AVS Error, card code error, card
declined, etc.)

Dan Bergan