[ic] Installation probs

Davor Ocelic docelic at mail.inet.hr
Sat Feb 24 13:07:37 EST 2007

On Sat, 24 Feb 2007 16:03:22 +0100
Joachim Thüx <jt at thuex.de> wrote:

>   *Hello and good day,
>
> I'm new to Interchange and tried to install
> the downloaded package (version 5.4.2)
> on my Suse Linux 10.x system.
> (Perl 5.8.7 is in threaded mode)
>
> **I used the documentation on
>    "http://www.icdevgroup.org/docs/install.html"
>

> Can't locate HTML/Parser.pm in @INC (@INC contains: ./lib

Whenever you see a message like this, then the first thing to
do is to install the missing module.

/path/to/perl -MCPAN -e 'install "HTML::Parser"'

(Another equal approach to use CPAN is like what Frank Reitzenstein
suggested; run "cpan" from command line to invoke interactive CPAN
shell and then get/install the module:

root>cpan
cpan>i HTML::parser
cpan>get HTML::Parser
).

This is just the easiest way, not to go into the whole discussion
about why you don't already have the module, or why Interchange
did not install it itself.

-doc