[ic] Price breaks by weight

maillists lists at gmnet.net
Sat Jan 13 23:17:22 EST 2007

On Tue, 2007-01-09 at 16:38 -0600, Josh Lavin wrote:
> I've got an interesting price break routine to solve. My client wants
> to have price breaks by weight, but with a mix-and-match across all
> the items in a prod_group.
>
> E.g.: buy 5 lbs = 5% off of each item, buy 10 lbs = 10% off of each item
>
> I'm at a loss on how to do this with CommonAdjust.
>
> What I really need is the quantity pricing to work the same way, but
> with weight instead. Of course, we then would have to enter the same
> break for each item, so if there was a simpler method, it'd be nice.
>
> Any thoughts?
>
> Thanks,
> --
> Josh Lavin
> Kingdom Design   http://www.kingdomdesign.com/

I did this with a coffee roaster that works great. 5 lbs or more and get
a 10% off or 20% off over 30 lbs of roasted coffee.

the way I did it was to set up a "coffee" price group and manually put
in the prices for the q5 and q30. It's not that hard if you use a
spreadsheet and just upload the tables... here is my simple CommonAdjust

CommonAdjust <<EOF,
        pricing:price_group,q5,q30:,
        ;:price,
        ;:price:mv_sku,
        ;$,
        ==:options
EOF

This way items outside of the roasted "coffee" group don't trigger the
break. i.e. t-shirts mugs, greenbean...

hth
rick