[ic] Re: Which Linux are you using?

Jamie Neil jamie at versado.net
Tue Jan 16 15:09:49 EST 2007

Kevin Walsh wrote:
> "Sam Nguyen" <sam at insidework.net> wrote:
>> It sounds to me like IC runs on any GNU/Linux/BSD platform, which is
>> good in that it seems like I won't run into any distro-specific problems
>> (except maybe Ubuntu, I haven't heard from anyone on that).
>>
> I haven't used Ubuntu myself, but I wouldn't expect problems with it
> or any other modern GNU/Linux distro.

I've had IC running on both Ubuntu and Debian (on which Ubuntu is based)
quite happily, but you still need a separate unthreaded Perl as on most
other modern distros.

I'd also avoid Ubuntu 6.11 for servers and stick with the 6.06 LTS (Long
Term Support) version if I were you.

--
Jamie Neil <jamie at versado.net>
Versado I.T. Services Ltd. <http://versado.net/> +44 845 450 1254

Ineptitude: If you can't learn to do something well, learn to enjoy
doing it poorly. - Despair, Inc.