[ic] Best way to save cart?

Grant emailgrant at gmail.com
Mon Jul 2 11:46:48 EDT 2007

> > I've done some reading in the archives about different methods of
> > saving the contents of the shopping cart for signed in users.  Is
> > anyone using any of these methods?  Which method is working well for
> > you?
>
> There's a built-in function for saving the cart:
>
> [userdb function="set_cart" nickname="wishlist"]

Thanks Jeff,

I added a shopping_cart field and I'm trying:

[userdb database="users" function="set_cart"
carts_field="shopping_cart" nickname="saved_cart" target="test"]

but nothing is ever written to that shopping_cart field.  I've tried
setting up a userdb table and removing the database parameter, and
I've tried with and without the nickname and target fields, all with
no luck.  There is nothing in the error.log.  Any idea what might be
wrong?

- Grant