[ic] shipmode.html

Peter peter at pajamian.dhs.org
Thu Jul 5 21:54:22 EDT 2007

On 07/05/2007 06:36 PM, Chris Gamache wrote:
> I just don't understand the shipping system. The datafiles all have
> different layouts. the admin interface does odd things with
> shipping.asc,

Yes, that's why I don't use the admin UI to edit shipping policies anymore.

> and it's nearly impossible to edit by hand without
> understanding it properly.

There is some old, but still valid and actually pretty good shipping
documentation at
<http://www.icdevgroup.org/interchange-doc-5.2.0/frames/icdatabase_41.html>.

Once you grasp the way it works it is much better, more powerful and
more flexible to edit the files directly.

Also, please read the mailing list posting guidelines at
<http://www.icdevgroup.org/mailman/listinfo/interchange-users>,
specifically rule 5 regarding top posting.

Peter