[ic] [read-cookie] slow?

Paul Jordan paul at gishnetwork.com
Sat Jul 7 15:47:19 EDT 2007

interchange-users-bounces at icdevgroup.org wrote:
> I'm logging all IC traffic to an mysql table and I'd like to log the
> result of [read-cookie MV_SESSION_ID] for a little while so I can see
> how many people don't accept session cookies.  Will executing
> [read-cookie] with every IC request slow things down considerably?

How are you logging the traffic, just the intital hit, or each page view?

You would not want to log each an every page view directly to mysql, it is
better to use/customize usertrack, then in a cron job, log the lines (or a
summary of them) to a table. It was explained to me that using a mysql
table as a log for every page view would lock it for each insert and cause
slow downs

Paul