[ic] PaypalExpress.pm: improvements

Lyn St George lyn at zolotek.net
Mon Jul 9 15:20:19 EDT 2007

On Fri, 06 Jul 2007 15:56:07 +0200, Ton Verhagen wrote:

>Dear All,
>
>When using Lyn's PaypalExpress.pm payment module we
>encountered frequent problems connecting to PayPal.
>
>Many errors like the one below were written to the error.log file:
>500 Can't connect to api-3t.paypal.com:443 (Bad hostname 'api-3t.paypal.com')
>Best regards,

I'm not sure that this is a timeout rather than a DNS issue, as
Peter noted, so I'll think about this alteration.

What will improve this module though is the new one which adds
IPNs and recurring/subscription billing. This means that Paypal
events separated in time from the original transaction can be
tied back to it in the Interchange database. And that subscriptions
can be logged and integrated into the system properly.

I hope to get some time to finish this to the testing point this
or next week. Any volunteers for testing are welcome.

I also hope finish the GoogleCheckout module this week, and
then I suppose I had better make time for the updated Protx
module ...

>Ton
>
>--
>Alamerce Nederland --- Cornerstone of eBusiness
>Phone +31-40-2374381    info at alamerce.nl    http://www.alamerce.nl
>
>eCommerce Solutions -- Consulting -- Website & Interchange Hosting

-
Cheers
Lyn St George
# http://www.zolotek.net  eCommerce: develop, host, support