[ic] PaypalExpress.pm: improvements

Ton Verhagen tverhagen at alamerce.nl
Mon Jul 9 16:48:24 EDT 2007

Quoting Lyn,
At 09:20 PM 7/9/2007, you wrote:
>On Fri, 06 Jul 2007 15:56:07 +0200, Ton Verhagen wrote:
>
> >Dear All,
> >
> >When using Lyn's PaypalExpress.pm payment module we
> >encountered frequent problems connecting to PayPal.
> >
> >Many errors like the one below were written to the error.log file:
> >500 Can't connect to api-3t.paypal.com:443 (Bad hostname
> 'api-3t.paypal.com')
> >Best regards,
>
>I'm not sure that this is a timeout rather than a DNS issue, as
>Peter noted, so I'll think about this alteration.
[snip]

It's not a DNS issue as far as I can tell.

The connection to the host is not of the best quality (at least
connecting from The Netherlands.). We tried IP instead of
hostname as well with the same results. Please check with
your network tools and I am sure you will encounter same issues
as we did. However, connecting from a host located in the US
is less prone to this issue I guess...

Anyhow, applying the retry patch solved all issues with this
host for us. :)

Best regards,

Ton

--
Alamerce Nederland --- Cornerstone of eBusiness
Phone +31-40-2374381    info at alamerce.nl    http://www.alamerce.nl

eCommerce Solutions -- Consulting -- Website & Interchange Hosting